Sunday, March 14, 2010

Making Raisins

I have decided that this blog will be about how I am trying to make, grow, or otherwise procure food. One of the things that has been frustrating me is that I throw away good. Frustrates me to no end. Yet I am trying to eat right and as I make new habits to eat more fruits and veggies I find that I sometimes let food get too old to eat. Now apples and veggies that get a little spongy can be cooked. They are great for adding to dishes.

Grapes are another matter. I don't normally cook grapes. So today before I threw out some grapes that were obviously past their prime I looked up on the handy dandy internet how to dehydrate grapes. I actually happen to have a dehydrator laying around so I pulled it. Washed the grapes and popped them in! Here is the site I found very helpful ---> dehydrate fruit

Now I just have to wait. One site siad that fruit that is dehydrating can take anywhere from 4-24 hours. I'll post the pictures back here of the raisins. Here are the grapes!

2 comments: